Monday, April 5, 2010

Gross

I am doing the thing where I blog while I wait for my lunch to microwave at work again... Only today I am so hungry that This is Why You're Fat is giving me ideas that I'm deeming actually edible, rather than torturously awful. I don't look at that site very often, and when I do I'm appropriately disgusted by most things on it (prime example). But today, something like The Smortuary seems kind of delicious.
(One thing I may never understand is the idea that bacon can be a dessert component. Of course that site showcases bacon in its most heinous forms, but even very reputable sources have been known to put bacon bits in things like cookies. Maybe it's really awesome? Maybe I'm preventing myself from a culinary land mine of glory. I'll never know.)
Anyway. This weekend was so springful and I took a few pictures of our GROW SOME THINGS initiative. For example, meet this fine family of jalapenos and chives:


You can tilt your head if you'd like to notice Jeremy telling me to be helpful and take this basil plant.


And here I am, planting and being as nonphotogenic as I can manage.

So there is a little glimpse of our garden (if you can use that word for grow boxes on an apartment balcony). This weekend also served up a good, strong sunburn and of course, Easter, Episcopal style. And zombies. There is no good spring weekend without a zombie film viewance.
Okay. I just scrolled through some more pages and This is Why You're fat has lost its hold on me. I think if they included pictures of people consuming these things, that website could easily become a component of my Room 101 (THERE, while I'm feeling linky).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you.

So, while visiting the This Is Why You're Fat gallery I find myself either hungry or repulsed, but always turned on.

Why is that?

RM